The disability insurance provides cash to people who are resident of Wales and other parts of United Kingdom. This is provided to people who cannot work on their skills due to injury or illness. This is usually taken and combined with the unemployment insurance because they are related to each other. The disability usually composed of physical and financial distress.
Our obligation is to fulfill and pay our utility bills and mortgage loans. If we have no permanent work or perhaps on temporary basis, all our financial plans in the future will be broken.
What help can you get from disability insurance?
There are many various benefits and tax credit you can get if you are disabled or sick person such as;
1. If you are 16 to 64 years old with disabilities or have a long term health illness, that mostly affect your independent living – you can claim Personal Independence Payment.
What is Personal Independence Payment?
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can give benefit to people from 16 to 64 years old with disability and long term health issues. This slowly replaces the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for that age group of people.
2. If you are 16 years old with disability and illness, you can get more care and supervision on your needs compared to some other children with the same age level. In this situation, you can claim Disability Living Allowance.
What is Disability Living Allowance?
Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is for disabled kids and adults. It is tax free. You can get benefits according to your needs and situations. If there is a change in your situation, there is also an increase or decrease in the benefits that you can get.
How to apply?
Call the Disability Living Allowance helpline and inquire. Ask them to provide you a form for the said claim. They can also help you in filing out the claim form.
3. If your age is 65 or above, and you need care, you can get Attendance Allowance.
4. If you cannot work, you can claim Statutory Sick pay or perhaps Employment and Support Allowance.
What is Statutory Sick Pay?
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) is being paid to workers who cannot work due to disability or perhaps illness. The payment is similar to your wages that you get at the same time.
5. If you can work, you can get Working Tax Credit.
What is Working Tax Credit (WTC)?
Working Tax Credit (WTC) is considered as a state benefit in United Kingdom. It is applicable to people who earned low income. This was introduced last April, 2003 and part of the existing system which is non-wastable tax credit. This is also known as a social security benefit.
6. If you are injured at work or acquired industrial disease, you can get benefits.
7. If you are working in the armed forces and get injured, you can claim benefits.
8. If you have somebody who is ill or disabled under your care, you can claim Carer’s Allowance.
You can as well get some other benefits depending on the situations you have. If you have a low income and have children, you can also get housing benefits. There are many benefits of Disability insurance in Wales that you need to know.