Leaseguard are delighted to announce the launch of their improved ‘Rent Guarantee with Legal Expenses Plus’ policy with immediate effect.
The policy now provides a 6 month cover option and additional cover for Identity Theft at no extra cost.
Leaseguard has continued their successful partnership with DAS, Europe’s largest Legal Expenses Insurer, and created a policy which meets the demands of landlords and provides excellent value for money.
There is now the option for the cover to be taken on a reduced 6 month basis. The 6 month option allows up to 12 monthly payments of rent provided that the Insured Event occurs within the period of insurance. This provides wider cover in comparison to most of the products offered by our competitors.
The policy has also been upgraded to provide additional cover for Identity Theft and defending the insured’s legal rights in an appeal against their decision not to adapt their property following a request under various disability and housing acts. Identity Theft cover will provide assistance for the insured to restore their identity and credit status via a personal caseworker as well as covering communication, court attendance and legal costs incurred. This is especially appropriate when correspondence for the landlord is often sent to the property that they let rather than their home or correspondence address.
Whilst we obviously hope that the landlord does not experience any problems with payment of the rent, it is impossible to foresee the future. A change in circumstances for the tenant such as relationship break-down, illness or redundancy could all impact on their ability to meet their rental obligations. With a large percentage of today’s landlords still having financial obligations to their lender this could have very serious consequences for the unfortunate landlord.
If the landlord is unlucky enough to find themselves in a situation where rent arrears are incurred by the tenant they may find themselves not only out of pocket for the rental arrears but also facing a lengthy and costly legal battle. This would undoubtedly be a stressful and time consuming experience for the landlord which could be considerably reduced with the correct insurance cover.
In addition the policy offers the following benefits:
· £25,000 indemnity limit;
· Legal rights in trying to get possession of the property;
· Legal rights following physical damage to the property (amount in dispute must be more than £1,000);
· Legal rights for recovery of rent owed (one month’s rent excess applies);
· Hotel expenses up to £75 per day for a maximum of 30 days. This is payable whilst the insured tries to get a possession order for them to live in the property;
· Up to 50% of rent owed following vacant possession of the property provided that the property is available for re-letting for up to 2 months;
· Prosecution defence costs – to defend the insured’s legal rights if they are prosecuted in a criminal court following events arising from the letting of the property;
· 24 hour helpline services for Eurolaw Tax Advice, Tax Advice and Domestic Assistance;
This represents only a summary of the cover applicable. A full policy wording is available on request.
Rent Guarantee with Legal Expenses cover is relatively inexpensive to buy and the premium represents only a small percentage of the rental whilst minimising the risk and providing much need peace of mind. Premiums for the 12 month option are 2.6% of annual rent plus a £10 policy fee and Insurance Premium Tax, and the 6 months cover option starts at as little as £80.00 plus Insurance Premium Tax .
Our Insurance team will be pleased to answer any queries which you may have in relation to this.
Telephone 0845 3450315
E-mail – email@example.com
Website – www.leaseguard.co.uk