A planning application for around 100 homes in the Hendon area of Sunderland, England is being proposed, with work expected to commence on site in the autumn 2008.
The housing scheme will be developed by Live Smart @ Home, in partnership with the New Deal for Communities regeneration partnership, Back On The Map, who own most of the site, and Tees Valley Housing who will aid the project by refurbishing existing dwellings around the fringe of the site and offering affordable rental units.
Martin Hawthorne, director of development for Tees Valley Housing, said,
“We are delighted to be part of the team, aspiring to bring a unique development to Hendon. There is no doubt in my mind that the designs will be exciting, the prices really appealing and together we will transform this part of Hendon into a thriving area with homes to suit every budget.”
The scheme will provide contemporary highly sustainable homes with a range of purchase and tenure options that will enable as many people to get on the housing ladder. The price of the homes has not yet been fixed, but if they were on sale in today’s market they would start from around £120,000, for outright ownership. The homes will be designed to achieve Eco-Homes ‘Excellent Standards’ and the materials will be from the approved ‘Green Guide.’
Alan Prole, managing director for Live Smart @ Home, said “We are delighted to be progressing this project. It is a great site on the fringe of the city centre and it will add to the already exciting regeneration activities occurring both within the city centre and the Hendon area.”
Live Smart @ Home offer first-time buyers stylish properties for rent, purchase or shared ownership. The affordability of their homes, appeal to buyers seeking stylish living, with easy access to shops, restaurants and bars. Their main audience are young families and professionals.
For more news on forthcoming developments, register free: www.myfirsthomeltd.co.uk
Related articles by Zemanta
- Shared ownership adds up for young accountant – First time buyer steps onto the property ladder (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- 80% Of British First Time Home Buyers Can’t Afford Their House Without A Cash Handout (businessinsider.com)
- SHARED OWNERSHIP PROVIDES PERFECT FAMILY SOLUTION – Thames Valley Housing’s Beaufort Grange proves popular (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- Are you single and looking for your first home in Swansea? – then consider this (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- Grade II Listed homes at St Mary’s provide a unique way of living (myfirsthomeblog.com)