For May Brown, 21, buying at Fairview New Homes’ development, The Mill in South Darenth, was an affordable way for her to step onto the property ladder. After living with her parents in Westerham, she wanted more independence without having to rent.
May says, “When I started looking for an apartment it was harder than I expected as there wasn’t much available within my price bracket. One of my friends used to live in South Darenth and I have always liked the area, so I decided to have a browse on the web and found The Mill.”
The Mill is a development of new and converted apartments, houses and duplexes on the site of the former Horton Kirby Paper Mill. A new phase of riverside apartments has just been launched at the development with views over the River Darenth.
“I visited the site and immediately thought this is a place I’d like to live, especially as it is in such a lovely setting next to the River Darenth. When I looked at the prices I was pleasantly surprised – it was something I could finally afford! The location was great too, as I work at a florist in Catford, just 20 minutes away.”
May continues, “With the money I had been saving and a little help from my parents, I was able to buy a two-bedroom apartment on the ground floor at The Mill. My boyfriend and I have now moved into our new home and are really enjoying the development and its location.”
May bought her two-bedroom apartment for £145,000. Purchasers at The Mill now only require a 5% deposit to secure a property.
The Mill is just a 35 minute train journey from London Victoria. This quick and easy journey home from the city to the peace and quiet of the countryside makes living in Kent a great option. Farningham Road Train station is less than half a mile away with regular direct services to London Victoria.
Bluewater shopping centre is less than five miles away with more than 320 shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. The historic Leeds Castle is only 30 miles away.
A one-bedroom apartment is available from as little as £149,995.
A three-bedroom house is available from as little as £265,000.
For further information to find new homes on The Mill please contact 0800 883 8105 or visit the marketing suite at Horton Kirby Paper Mill, Horton Road, South Darenth, Kent, DA4 9BD, open seven days a week from 10 am to 5pm (www.fairview.co.uk). We hope you are able to find a new home
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Mill comes highly recommended – Friends follow friends to Fairview's development in South Darenth (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- King of Croydon – Fairview New Homes launches the historical King's Tower (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- Waterside location is perfect for young professional – Fairview New Homes' development in Greenhithe ticks the boxes for first time buyers (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- Just the ticket – Fairview New Homes offers free travel to London for homebuyers at Evolution (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- Spacious new homes in Kent at Evolution – Fairview New Homes' development in Ashford is just right for young property manager (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- Royal Arsenal Riverside on the Thames in London SE18 (myfirsthomeblog.com)
- housing options london